Friday, February 21, 2014

If you have crazy friends you have everything.






The 'exotic' food section at the supermarket being restocked. Steak Sauce and Peanut Butter among the delicacies appearing on the shelves.The Peanut Butter comes in two varieties - Arkansas Creamy and Mississippi Crunchy. Would anyone in America know what Arkansas Creamy is ? Or, for that matter, Mississippi Crunchy ?

Cloudy and warm. 60 something degrees. Bob has a long leisurely paddle in the stream. The humidity wreaks havoc on Sophie's hair. A bad hair day extraordinaire. Soon, if the weather holds, a major haircut may be called for.

A family of wild boar wander through the village. A huge male starts to dig up the grass on the village green. From a distance the little ones and their protective mother look sweet. Every dog within a two mile radius starts to howl. Bob and Sophie are no exception.Thankfully, by ten thirty, they are thoroughly worn out and sleep soundly until dawn. Wonders never cease.



12 comments:

WFT Nobby said...

Bad hair day? Sophie, the punk look is full of character!

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

We must have everything.

That bad hair photo cracked us up!

XXXOOO Bella & Roxy

VirginiaC said...

The last photo of the two angels on "the grooming table" is absolutely adorable. No wonder they clamber up on the table and it's no longer off limits. They love it.
As for today's title....I agree 100 percent.....my crazy friends are who keep me sane.....or should I say insane like them.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I had no idea there was such a thing as Arkansas Creamy and Mississippi Crunchy--I just like 'Skippy Super-Chunky Peanut Butter.' Perhaps I should look in the exotic food section of my grocery store more often!



On a sad note, In case you don't get around to visiting the blogs, Scotsmad have lost their girl Daisy.

Angus said...

Thanks. I hadn't read Scotmads blog today. I've just been over.

Emm said...

I'd never heard of either Arkansas Creamy or Mississippi Crunchy. For that matter, Louisiana Supreme Steak Sauce may be questionable. Perhaps those are the bright ideas of some marketing geniuses in, oh, Brussels or Lichtenstein.

ScrapsofMe said...

Would be interesting to hear how Arkansas is pronounced by the French.
Bonnie n Kenzie

myboyzach said...

Sophie:: your hair looks like mine on humid/rainy days. I can send you some product !!

Louise said...

Sophie my hair looks likes yours if left to its natural devices. Seems that contain keratin are wonderful!:)

Peanut butter and jelly still seems like madness to me, but crunchy peanut butter on fresh thickly sliced and toasted bread sounds like heaven!

Louise said...

Sorry sophie. Meant serums. They can be a little costly but you are oh so worth it.

Tamms @ Amelie's Farmhouse said...

Hilarious (the pb names)! No one would probably dare to buy that in my neck of the woods :)

Lisa Daria said...

As far as crunchy vs. creamy, I haven't a preference and try to stay away from the stuff myself - unless in a weak moment I happen to revert to my childhood and buy a tub of 'Marshmallow Fluff' to smother the other side of the bread. But my dog eats peanut butter as a treat - and prefers creamy - or rather, I prefer her to have creamy so I don't have to retrieve the crunches from the depths of her fuzzy face.