Free advice for French bank managers. When asked why the bank is sponsoring a hunting association that allows dog beating - use your Public Relations training. Pretend to be interested and say : 'I'm horrified. I shall look into it straight away and come back to you ". The foreign mad person across the desk will then be satisfied that something is being done and go. Job finished.
However, do not under any circumstances use the following responses :
- "No one else seems to have noticed"
- "These photographs could be of anything. You're not a very good photographer"
- "It's really not something that's important enough to spend more time on"
- "Write to whoever you want. It'll make no difference. It's my decision and it's final ".
- "If you don't like our ( the French ) way of doing things perhaps you should move".
This morning 'the font' is buying ten shares in a French bank. This is enough to ask questions at the next annual general meeting. A hand written letter is being sent to the Chairman. 'The font' thinks that no one ever writes by hand these days so it may, just, get onto his desk. Getting head office involved may not stop the dog beaters but they might think twice, or at least look over their shoulders, before doing it again.
Bob and Sophie spend a pleasant day noisily savaging one another. Sophie discovers the windfall cherries.