Dolly Parton dies, the Ontario Premier gives as good as he gets and heavy rain with flash flooding is forecast in England. The BBC announcer informs us that some American commentators think the US is ratcheting up the rhetoric on Canada to divert attention from the lack of progress on Iran.
Elder sister arrives, unannounced and uninvited, in the kitchen. Her younger sister, imprisoned in the farmhouse garden, can be heard howling in the distance. Our visitor gives us a tried and tested ' I know I shouldn't be here but if you could spare a biscuit I'd be eternally grateful ' look. She gets half a ginger hobnob. This sets the tail wagging.
Our old Fermob table and chairs from France have been repainted. I can't remember the original colour being that strident. They get their first christening in a surprise shower.
Timely. Heard this at the Fox theatre in Atlanta 50 years ago :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixrje2rXLMA
Rediscovered :https://e360.yale.edu/digest/spinach-pipefish-rediscovered
Unloved wild dogs :https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/africa-wild-dogs-most-hated-carnivores-continent-heres-how-conservationists-saving-them-anyway-180989287/
A strange tale from Missouri :https://www.themarshallproject.org/2026/08/24/missouri-jail-competency-stand-trial-mental-health-treatment
History can be strangely prescient ( although this time it's likely to play out in the Michigan Senate race ) :https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/article/benedict-arnolds-invasion-of-canada/
No comments:
Post a Comment