Much of Britain has now gone 40 days without rain. Here, it poured heavily for much of yesterday and there's a solid bank of cloud off to the North West which hints that there's more to come. The farmers will be happy. On our way into town we pass the first field with the crop harvested and the hay all tightly bound. It can only be a matter of days before our village farmers follow suit. We're at that stage of the year when time starts to sprint forwards.
The mechanical cobbler in the shoe repair shop window is still dressed for the World Cup.
The busiest day ever for air travel :https://x.com/US_Stormwatch/status/2081092816944717872
Were people brighter in those days ? :https://x.com/pietergaricano/status/2080582758670151704
Unusual sighting :https://x.com/BlacklionCTA/status/2080046882206695606
I thought this was AI generated but am told it's real :https://x.com/BulwarkOnline/status/2080842799050547275
Some thoughts from Yale :https://news.yale.edu/2026/07/23/study-uncovers-lost-golden-age-languages
8 comments:
Hari OM
...that dog... what the...?!
I love that English essay paper and already have lots of ideas swirling around my brain.... but OH! That poor bear, clearly panting and in some sort of panic. I hope those observers thought to call animal emergency services... YAM xx
Praying for a little more rain here in the Aveyron; smoke encroaching on our little valley.
That Civil Service exam is quite remarkable. As is the Gangsta Pug.
The exam looks like a challenge I would fully enjoy today but would have had me quaking in my boots 50 years ago. Flight radar is an amazing thing, so fascinating to watch. That Pug...ugh.
Cantilevered concrete balconies are proving to be problematic after 35 years, there are literally 1,000 of them in our community.
A beautiful shot of your sea. Not sure an hour and 15 minutes is enough time to create a sandcastle worthy of competition! Especially if the prizes are from The Cheesy Toast Shack!
I hope this ended well for the bear...Gangsta pug leaves me speechless; I seem to remember more tastefull offerings from the garden centre in the past.
Any chance of some pictures of the winning sandcastles?
Bonne chance! What's happening in Gironde and Les Landes is a tragedy.
Post a Comment