The first television crews are spotted at the village golf course. The Dunhill tournament starts on Thursday and every hotel within a fifty mile radius is fast filling up :https://www.alfreddunhilllinks.com/
The bakers window has golf themed biscuits and golf themed cupcakes. They will fly off the shelves.
Should you eat Sushi on a Monday ? :https://counteroffer.substack.com/p/true-or-false-dont-eat-sushi-on-mondays
Beaches with killer flies. Bostonians will understand this map :https://x.com/jeffisrael25/status/2102934536539746500
Highly superior autobiographical memories :https://www.sciencealert.com/teen-discovered-with-a-memory-more-powerful-than-99-9-of-the-population
Americas best communicator. Little - almost invisible - gestures are important. A fellow Presbyterian in France points out the reassuring ' I know you're petrified but don't worry ' grasp of the elbow of the man in the black track suit at the 1:39:14 mark :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCxddPHi56g
8 comments:
Hari OM
Oh yes, it was the eyes being so observant before the parting gesture... a perfect moment for a Sunday morning... YAM xx
Not a Bostonian but greatly enjoyed the map. Unfortunately, those greenhead flies with the 'wicked' bite exist all up and down the eastern coastline. Only thing to remember is never go to the beach on a calm, windless day.
Pope Leo appears as a kind and thoughtful man. Lovely gesture.
I love our Pope. Grew up in the land of Green Heads, living in the land of pumpkins and anarchists. Both places beloved.
Exciting times, in a peaceful corner of the world.
We read this article this morning and would love to get your take on it. https://www.theguardian.com/education/2026/sep/27/st-andrews-university-class-divide-american-students
I was raised a Presbyterian, but I am so grateful for the Pope, and it is wonderful to see how he has been received here in France.
Tara from New Jersey, thanks for the link. It was interesting. I also would be interested in what Angus things of how things appear to be now compared to how things were when he and the Font were students at St Andrews University.
Hi. I saw the article and a similar one in the Sunday Times using the same quotes from the same young lady. I don't know the back story but I see the university made the gentle response that they'd tried at the time to reach out to her but had no reply. The place operates on a 25% Scots, 25% English, 20% US and 30% international basis which some folks will find elitist but others will find useful and eye opening . I'm in the camp that meeting different people from different backgrounds is a large part of what education is all about. The proper identification of one's friends is a life skill and there is nothing like a small international school to teach it.
Post a Comment