Saturday, April 14, 2018

On balance.


The builders are expected .... but don't show up. The electricians aren't expected but arrive in the courtyard in their van. The PONs greet these unexpected visitors enthusiastically. The Old Farmer wanders across the lane to tell the two electricians about his hip operation. '' It took two and a half hours. The doctor said my bones were as hard as iron. In fact he told me they were the hardest he'd ever known". As a reward for listening patiently the young electricians are shown his bandages. They leave.


The PONs come indoors. Bob dozes. Sophie looks for yogurt pots.


After half an hour of restorative calm they opt to go outside to zoom round the garden and bark at unsuspecting passers by.


Today there are no passers by. This is a disappointment.  As it's cool the PONs are loaded into the back of the car for a trip to the garden centre. The garden centre dog is a great friend but today he's nowhere to be seen.


An exploration of the garden centre tunnels is followed by a visit to the bakers. Sophie turns on the charm and is rewarded with a sliver of croissant. 


On balance what might have been a so-so day has probably turned into the best day ever. Croissant slivers have that effect.









9 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
One of those strawberry tarts could have that effect on me... and some of that sunshine! YAM xx

Unknown said...

Multi fruit one,back right for me!

Coppa's girl said...

Since the latest Microsoft updates on my computer, I am unable to view any pictures on the blogs I read ! So I can't choose a cake, but the strawberry tart sounds fine - unless there's something with raspberries !
I just know that the PONs are as adorable as ever, even if I can't see them at the moment !

rottrover said...

THE best day ever!

Emm said...

Oh my, those strawberry confections!
And re your second picture: I am having Bookcase Envy again.

Stephanie said...

No pictures? That's not fair.

Stephanie said...

I especially like the picture of the zooming Bob. I thought of Bob and Sophie when I recently read the Maxine Kumin poem In the Moment: Dogs live in the moment, pursuing that brilliant butterfly called pleasure.

MOPL said...

strawberry item please. what you purcases are going in to your lovely gardens

BaileyBobSouthernDog said...

I think the Old Farmer has developed his own means of recuperation. Bob is flat out in his snoozing picture and Sophie is inspecting every inch under the table. It looks to be a beautiful day there, as well as the best ever!