Friday, June 15, 2018

Clip on lenses.



The clip on fish eye lens for the i-Phone 8 is easy to install. It takes all of 20 seconds to put in place. The fish eye option must serve some purpose but I can't see what it is. 



The wide angle lens is more useful.


Plaques and buildings are brought into focus. 



An artistic effect can be created ....


but the edge of the image gets blurry and the whole picture seems to lack the crispness found with the standard lens.


It certainly doesn't do anything for interior photos. Shooting towards light, even if it's diffused, is problematic.



The line '' Perhaps we should try for a girl ? " has its limits : https://eu.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/06/12/14-boys-no-regrets-michigan-family-schwandt-happy/693474002/



I have no idea who these people are but they enjoy rugby and have an infectious enthusiasm for life. It seems they're playing in memory of a team mate who has 'gone on ahead' :
https://www.facebook.com/Rugby7sMagazine/videos/1757584540996221/


9 comments:

WFT Nobby said...

Good to see the stone owl standing proud in the garden of the wee house.
But I think I'll stick to the standard lens on my Samsung Galaxy.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari om
The fisheye of the wee hoose and garden serves a purpose. The interior wideangle is realtor's favourite shot. Beyond that... YAM xx

Anonymous said...

The owl is so cool. Mama must love those 14 boys.

Taste of France said...

Henri Cartier-Bresson used only a "normal" 50-mm lens in his photography because he wanted his photos to show what the eye saw, without tricks. An interesting article about the normal lens: https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2018/05/how-the-50-mm-lens-became-normal/560276/
However, I've often lamented that, as close as I manage to get to our bird tenants, they come out as specks with my normal lens, not to mention the giant moon rises that come out as pinpoints. And I can't adequately zoom in on food or flowers. I'd love to have more lenses. I don't have an iPhone, so I use a camera, but I'm very impressed by the quality of the photos you post.

Poppy Q said...

The flat looks great and stylish. The fish eye effect makes me feel a bit sick.

Are you going to watch the rugby on Saturday morning? It's in our city - town will be busy. Should be another interesting match.

Coppa's girl said...

The stone owl looks so right, standing on the wall beside the steps. The living room looks very stylish, but hope you remembered to take the labels off the sofa before you left ! I have an identical clear glazed door into my hall from the sitting room, and think that it adds a connection between the two, as well as shedding light on a darker area.
Not sure about the lenses to the iPhone.

liparifam said...

I went to school with a boy who was the youngest of nine kids - the first eight were girls - hmmm...

Emm said...

The wee house looks lovely and the owl most wise. I very much like the see-through interior door, great idea.
But do take the price tags off the furniture.

Angus said...

Boy, did I ever want to take the labels off but they have to stay on until the University has completed its safety checks. They labels prove that the furniture is made of non-flammable materials.