Thursday, February 20, 2020

Thin lapels.


Angus is up early with 'twinges'. A chance to watch the Democrat debate from Las Vegas. Sophie wanders in and sits by the side of his desk. The way in which she's swaying from side to side hints that it may be a good idea to take her into the garden for a Bloomberg comfort break. This turns out to be a timely call - on many levels.

After a restorative breakfast of kibbles and cold brussel sprouts the family diva's ready to be loaded into the back of the car in readiness for the morning shopping expedition.


The rugby store has new gilets. They come in purple and a duck egg blue. They also have them in dark blue but they've sold out. Angus tells the young sales lady the colours are a little 'youthful'. This is her cue to say ' not at all '. She remains silent.


Freshly made foie gras at the butchers this morning. I think it's illegal to sell it in the US and Scotland now ? It's priced at E89 a kilo. Sophie lingers hopefully but accepts the fact we're not buying any with relative good grace.


The mens shop on the Rue de la Republique has its spring 2020 fashions in the window. Angus has never seen a gold bow tie before. When would you wear it ? This may be another sign that modern life is passing him by. Lapels have also become very thin.


7 comments:

Lisa in France said...

Well, that debate would have been enough to give anyone twinges, although I am sorry hear you are still having them. I vote in California, which is now a Super Tuesday state, and I was hoping this debate would help me decide, but what a disaster it turned out to be. Maybe if Bloomberg had worn a gold bow tie?

WFT Nobby said...

Bertie is worried that this is turning into a men's fashion blog and fears that selfies of Angus demonstrating how the more mature gentleman can carry off both a gold bow tie and a duck egg gilet might soon follow. He demands more pictures of Sophie and fresh foie gras (which is not something I've ever tried to buy in Scotland - the price alone would be considered criminal in Aberdeen....)
Cheers, Gail.

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Wonder if the 2020 discussions with men in suits will be a more colourful affair.

Poppy Q said...

The colour choices in the mens fashion may suit a young man in Paris, but I am not sure how well it will go down in the village. Like you, I would prefer a navy vest or a black one. And why pay full price, as I am sure they will all be on sale very soon.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Production of the f.g. forbidden, I think, but not the importation... though I do think some retailers voluntarily do not stock the stuff. Not that I pay much attention. Vego, remember &*> YAM xx

Camille said...

The sale of foie gras is banned only in New York City and California. The largest farm in Hudson Valley NY is still producing and welcomes tours and visitors. Very confusing legislation in the works but foie gras still very legal in majority of US. The prices have skyrocketed lately. I expect further legislation banning gold bow ties and narrow lapels someday...except in California and NYC.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I think Sophie had the right idea of just wanting to go outside and forget the debate - I think last nights debate was one big food fight, and it was all aimed at Mike Bloomberg. Bernie got off pretty unscathed as did Trump, which is who they needed to go after. But I did appreciate Bloomberg's thoughts on the climate. The candidate I'm cheering and hoping for didn't do too well.

I hope your "twinges" have lessened today.