Friday, August 28, 2020

Challenging.


At six thirty in the morning Venus hangs high in the eastern sky. I don't think I've ever seen it as bright as this. As brilliant as the Kohinoor diamond. Quite remarkable. The owls, who have been quiet for the last two, possibly three months, are back. The cooler morning air has made them talkative. 

We have managed to delay doing anything about replacing the dog car. It's too hot to be standing in a showroom discussing engine options. 'The Font' thinks we should see the Volvo salesman first. He has of course taken the whole of August off . 


The court case between the man with anger management issues and the German billionaires builder has been postponed. It was originally due to be heard mid-August but was re-scheduled for early September. With so many of the court staff having to work from home because of the  pandemic the date has been delayed again . A new date will be agreed upon shortly. The villagers are divided into two camps over this - those who do work at the chateau and those who don't. For our part we continue to adhere to the ' We no speakee the French so good ' response to the legal dispute.


After the thunderstorms a small trickle of water has re-energized the little stream in the valley. Sophie has discovered that she can now look over the lip of the waterfall. This, for a PON girl, is a task of great deering do.


We wander back along the old Roman road and then cut up through the sunflower fields to the ridge.



Friday morning things to do in Paris when life returns to normal -

Chocolates :   https://larnicol.com/18-chocolaterie


Always a queue :  https://www.laboutiquejaune.fr/patisserie/


Meringues are a thing : http://www.auxmerveilleux.com/home/






10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems that scissors and thinning shears have been used............the result is that SOPHIE seems to be sporting a MEG RYAN-esque haircut!

Lisa in France said...

I have traveled around the south of France, from Nice to Marseille and around Provence, but I have never been to Paris. My husband went once, didn't like it and has resisted all attempts to get him to go back. I suppose this has something to do with a sashimi guy meeting butter and cream, but he also has a serious weakness for chocolates, and I think your first link might be the key to my ultimate success. As for me, I would go for Les Strudel.

Angus said...

I once had an Indian meal in Paris that was so unrecognizably Indian that I left after three mouthfuls. Having said that a little pre-planning can unearth some true delights.

Angus said...

Well spotted. Sophie has had her ears done. A procedure that ages her owners and irritates her.

Tigger's Mum said...

One of our most interesting meals in Paris was at a restaurant which turned out to be Cretan. Not exactly the experience (or food) you travel from England to Paris for, but an excellent and memorable one none-the-less. (Chosen for proximity to the hostelry in which we were staying and just popped out for a 'quick bite'.)

Poppy Q said...

Ohhhh we'd love to join you for meringues. Sad we can't travel.

WFT Nobby said...

Diet busting links this morning Angus!

Coppa's girl said...

Really, there is no point in being picky about your links today, Angus, so I couldn't complain about any of the very tempting offers! If you really twisted my arm, then I suppose meringues would be top of the list. We have a local German bakery which produces excellent, traditional Strudel to die for, and just occasionally I indulge!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
... and I (for sanity reasons) have NOT opened any of the links this morning! Sophie is looking like a lady in her element... YAM xx

Camille said...

'Me no readee the French so good', but I certainly like what I see in today's links. Sophie looks adorable and inspires me to tackle the pressing necessity of giving Dottie a bath today. Terriers do not particularly like getting deeply 'wet' so my reward will be a grumpy wee dug giving me side eye for the rest of the day. *le sigh