Sunday, October 27, 2019

Crullers.


The clocks change overnight. This morning the word 'Frightful' the best way of describing Sophie's coat. 

She lies in the sun on the doorstep to 'compose' herself and adjust to the new routine. After ten minutes she's improved her look from frightful to merely ungroomed.


Bob who has been born with a more 'manageable' coat is keen to get the day started.


After our morning walk there's a trip in the car to the cafe for a curly croissant end and a bowl of water. Sophie 's day is rapidly improving. All that's needed now is for Madame Bay to drop off a bag of her crispy pigs ears. Now, that would be a red letter day !


I'd never heard of Crullers before. Seemingly a deep fried pastry that's a doughnut alternative. This store in NYC makes them :
https://www.dailyprovisionsnyc.com/

But of course nothing can match these : https://www.dominiqueansel.com/technique-and-recipes/

And this is excellent for anyone watching replays of the rugby :https://gardenandgun.com/recipe/the-pooles-diner-mac-and-cheese-recipe/





5 comments:

WFT Nobby said...

Thanks for the 'macaroni au gratin' recipe. Would have time to make it were it not for a compulsion to watch replay of yesterday's rugby game on continuous loop....
Cheers! Gail.

Lisa in Tokyo said...

That first photo of Sophie really is a doozy! After that, I got caught up in the macaroni au gratin recipe right up until I got to the part about 2 cups of heavy cream. I will admit I kind of lost track of the rugby since Japan's defeat last week but will pick up again today. My sister-in-law is Welsh, so I will lean that way, although I hold nothing against South Africa, who were really impressive.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
yes, rugby is the order of the play here at the father's house; not that he's much into it, just tolerating his daughter's lusts! I won't show him the recipes. He'll want me to go to the kitchen... YAM xx

Poppy Q said...

Oh my - we might want to give the rugby a miss. We can't face watching that one again, although we will say well done England.

We might try the mac and cheese recipe sometime though - it looks tasty.

Camille said...

Crullers are delightful but I must admit it was necessary for me to look up what the heck is a Schnecken; (Fancy stickybun) which I am now craving along with mac and cheese. Thanks a lot Angus.