Monday, October 7, 2019

That time already ?


A stiff wind rattles the shutters. Sophie, who is warm and cosy, does her best to ignore the fact that her master and her brother are up and about.Seeing me put my shoes on she's finally raring to go. The family princess races out of the front door with a whoop of excitement followed by a holler of delight.  At the storm drain we stop. Bob sits on my right and leans into me. Sophie sits on the left, nose high sniffing the air. We discuss the British Prime Ministers plans for Brexit . Sophie is of the opinion that a house built on sand is lucky to survive a storm.  Before we can explore this delphic view she's up and off chasing something small and furry. 

On our return she moves from her spot in the middle of the hall to a spot by the front door to continue her nap.


Bob is the first up into the back of the car. Sophie lets it be known that Bob is in her place . Bob dismounts. Sophie clambers up. After his sister settles he rejoins her. You could never expect a fast get away if you have PONs in a house.


Today, the artisinal bakery heavy on chocolate and pear combinations. Not a pairing that appeals.


A writer who is being rediscovered :
https://bittersoutherner.com/the-sum-of-life-zora-neale-hurston

Elderberries back in favour ? : https://thebulletin.org/2019/10/a-food-to-farm-as-climate-changes-elderberries/






8 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
...elderberries never really went out of favour - at least, here in the UK. Particularly when it comes to producing beverages of various types. Though I guess their fully commercial use has only properly been realised in the last 15-20 years... pears and chocolate is not so bad a combination, either, Angus! Welcome to Monday, everyone. YAM xx

WFT Nobby said...

Words of wisdom from Sophie this morning. Is that a first?
I'd be happy with chocolate and pear.
Cheers, Gail.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I'm right with Sophie, I don't move until I have to, especially on Monday!

Pears are a favorite of mine. Not that long ago I had a pear, chocolate and walnut crumble - It was caramelised pears topped with a crunchy-edged oaty crumble, and toasted walnuts - It was delicious and served warm with homemade vanilla ice-cream.

suej said...

Chocolate and pear - marriage made in heaven. Thank you for the first link - a wonderful discovery. I will read her.

Poppy Q said...

The cakes look a little dull and unappealing.

Sheila said...

Bob always seems to have a wary worried look in the car. He knows he's going to made to move I suppose.
The link to the Hurston article is so interesting. I have never even heard her name, much less read anything of hers. I'd love to have the first name Zora.

WFT Nobby said...

PS I've a treasured copy of 'Their Eyes were Watching God' on my Aberdeen bookshelf, dating back to 1988, when I took an American Literature 101 evening class at Will Rogers State College, Oklahoma. (On the basis of that and a follow up class in American Poetry I proudly claim a GPA of 4.0!)
Cheers, Gail.

Kittypup said...

Love a bit of chocolate and pear. Delia Smith has a wonderful recipe of whole stuffed poached pear covered in chocolate sauce - delicious!