Friday, February 4, 2022

Mutually exclusive.

Our Friday morning dawns grey and wet. Sophie sets about digging up molehills. The little critters have been busy overnight. At least twenty new mounds scattered across the lawn. The family diva assiduously checks each one. Drizzly weather seems to drive the moles into hyperactivity. Wonder why ?

By the time we make it back to the front door it's clear that my shaggy companion has been 'digging'. The mud coated muzzle gives the game away.  She settles down for a restorative nap under my desk while I chat with Manhattanites about events in Moscow and Beijing. This time last year Covid dominated our daily conversations. This year it's barely mentioned.


En route to the bakers with the diva in the back of the car I can't help but feel that the Kennel Club would have a fit if they saw the state of the PONettes coat. Glamour and excavating molehills are mutually exclusive. 


Where Americans are born. Had never seen this before :https://www.welcomelawfirm.com/blog/where-americans-are-born/

6 comments:

WFT Nobby said...

To Bertie, Sophie in the car today is the epitome of glamour.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
My word, Mlle Sophie... you have a whole-body advantage me on this pawtikyoular look!!! Hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

Lisa in France said...

Charlie agrees with Bertie, Sophie looks wonderful. I found the charts showing where Americans are born quite fascinating.

Coppa's girl said...

Inca's only comment on Sophie's look today - "You wouldn't let me go out looking like that!" (I think she's jealous!)
Personally, I find most of those coasters quite hideous, not to mention expensive. The local Euro shop has something not dissimilar.

Travel said...

She always looks marvelous! I have lived in five US states,my parents started "snowbirding" when I was still in Florida, I left the state I was born in at 19 and never looked back (nasty cold place filled with Trumpers)

Stephanie said...

Sophie seems to be modeling two horns in the last picture. Perhaps the latest look from French Vogue, having moved on from saying "yes" to the headscarf?