Friday, August 5, 2022

New day, new car.


The Rickety Old Farmhouse now wearing a decidedly 'minamilst' air. Eagle eyed observers will detect which side of the downstairs hallway Sophie calls home.


The two left hand drive Volvos sold. A new right hand drive one delivered. It's amazing what you can do on-line these days. The new vehicle is alarmingly shiny which 'The Font' thinks opens up a new career for Angus as an Uber driver. The paintwork seems to have a 'speckled' effect which is surprising. Paint technology seems to have 'advanced'. We wouldn't have gone for speckled black as our colour of choice but if you want immediate delivery you take what you can get.


Sophie is introduced to the new vehicle. I'd assumed she'd miss the scents from the other two cars and take time to settle down. Not a bit of it. She's snoring gently away by the time we reach the motorway pay booth.


A more difficult choice at the bakers this morning. While I make up my mind Sophie gets given some choux pastry. How's that for a great start to a Friday morning ?


 Paris a hundred years ago. Not a cellphone in sight :https://twitter.com/lostinhist0ry/status/1555146654247899137


12 comments:

Ruth said...

I can't believe how rapidly you're getting sorted for the move. I'm also wondering about the decision made at the baker's.

Angus said...

Ruth - Peach tarts

The Life of Riley said...

Speckled black is the best and only choice to complement Sopie's lovely fur coat!

Poppy Q said...

Full steam ahead in your new wagon. We are looking forward to Sophies adventures in Scotland with new walks.

Coppa's girl said...

My goodness that was quick!
Oh, the joys of driving a right-hand drive vehicle on the right-hand side of the road. Still, it won't be for long and then you'll have to adjust to driving on the left again and Sophie will have to remember which way to look when crossing the road.
On your last morning will you be stopping at the baker's and selecting a few favourites for your journey?

Travel said...

The eclair caramel looks wonderful. As long as it is near you, Sophie will always feel at home, she knows her flock.

Diaday said...

The Parisian men remind me of my grandpa. He always wore a dress shirt, tie, and trousers, and when he went outside he would wear a very dapper hat, even when it was to stroll around the block to smoke his cigar.

As long as Sophie's flock is together, she will know where her home is.

Melinda from Ontario said...

Watching you prepare to launch is so satisfying. I wish I had more courage along that line. I'm a deep-rooted type I fear. Those chocolate eclairs are calling to me.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

This is all so exciting!

rottrover said...

It's clear that you and The Font make a great team!

Gemma's person said...

Seems as all is proceeding in fast motion, my head is spinning and it isn't even me.

Anonymous said...

It's all so exciting and yet, in someways sad as well. I've followed you for many years and enjoyed all the high points, as well as the quiet life you were kind enough to share with us in France. But finally I think I'm ready to move forward and enjoy your exciting new adventures!

Good Luck!!
From Abby and Mom in Ohio