Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Untaggable



Some early rising pilgrims walk through the village. The click-clack of their boots on the tarmac soon has Bob on his stump seat. After they've gone he turns to me : 'Do you think I look more intimidating like this' ?


'Or like this '?

Angus thinks that, on balance, the tongue out pose is the more frightening. But there's not much in it.

The pilgrims don't seem to have noticed they were being intimidated.


On our way past the sunflower fields we notice that someone has made a smiley face out of a wilting sunflower. It looks decidedly spooky. Presumably this wasn't done by one of the pilgrims.

Overnight three new calves were born. Mothers and newborns asleep in the lush grass while aunts stand guard. In the next field along not six but seven donkeys. One very, very small new arrival augmenting the numbers. 


A white slab cake with two cherries perched on top joins the bakers repertoire. The pretty young lady behind the counter is on holiday and her replacement is neither a dog lover nor efficient. '' I don't know what sort of cake it is " she tells me with more than a hint of irritation. No pastry slivers this morning. Bob and Sophie have to share some of their masters croissant. We also have to ask for a bowl of water.


In the car park a little blue SUV with a logo on the side saying  that it is #untaggable.  What in heavens name is that supposed to mean ? Bob christens the rear left tyre which means that it may not be taggable but it is certainly christenable.



12 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
...perhaps that there are no words to describe such a vehicle in the hash tag world? Whatever... Bob has failed to intimidate me this morning. Indeed, he has had me in a fit of giggles. Unseemly at this early hour... YAM xx

Emm said...

There's a term for that kind of grin, Bob, but we can't use it here.
I'm afraid his intimidation skills need work. Hmmm, I rather like the creepy sunflower.

Poppy Q said...

Bob - I'm loving your crazy faces. You are awesome buddy!!

The sunflower is quite funny, it put a smile on our face to see it.

The slab cake looks like it would be nice to try. Sorry that the replacement was not so free with the slivers for the Pons, we hope your friend returns soon.

WFT Nobby said...

Bob, both those faces are utterly terrifying. Yes really!

Taste of France said...

Bob intimidates me. I would cower in fear and either turn on my heels or at the very least cross the street to avoid tangling with such a fierce guardian.
The sunflower is hilarious.

WFT Nobby said...

It's just occurred to me, the sunflower face is 'Little Weed' in Bill and Ben!

potty said...

I've just met one of our local dogs with Blue, White and Red stripes on her head , ears and tail.

Angus said...

Your memory is better than mine. Try as I might can't remember little weed having a face. Still think it looks like a driller killer sunflower.

liparifam said...

Top three photos are great!! So cute...

ScrapsofMe said...

#untaggable is the new marketing ploy for the Audi Q2. Apparently it worked. You noticed it, took a photo, discussed it. Better than not being noticed in a backdrop of similar vehicles.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE Bob!

BaileyBobSouthernDog said...

If I were to run into Bob with either of those faces I would need to turn away, quietly giggle, turn back and tell him he is a very good boy!