Saturday, January 2, 2021

All's well


Snow was forecast overnight but on our morning walk it's merely cold. Very cold. Sophie who is designed for Polish lowland winters thinks this is almost balmy. PON's it must be said are not warm weather dogs.

The German billionaires drive by in their brand new and simply enormous Mercedes SUV. He lowers the window and shouts out ' Bonne Annee'. By the time Angus has recognized who it is there's  barely enough time to manage a ' Happy New Year' in reply. Sophie barks at them. Our neighbours seem to be fit and well after their recent run in with the virus.


The village Christmas decorations have survived the New Year winds.  Decorations have blown off the log reindeers antlers but Santa has retained his mask and his faux present.


New Years greetings I've heard, or at least recorded,  for the first time. Number 2 is probably as good as it gets for 2021.

1- To the friends who have left us, to the friends who are here, and to the new friends who will join us this year 

2 -  To the old, long life and treasure; to the young, all health and pleasure 

3 - Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come whispering “it will be happier”


 This music has a great vibe - https://youtu.be/9-RhCvYpxqc

Here's a slightly less kool European version - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH-zGql7Y_A

Some Saturday morning Handel :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSUvM94veJk

Somehow I think Sophie is rather enjoying having her flock around 24/7 :https://www.nextgov.com/ideas/2020/05/3-ways-your-pets-feel-covid-19-anxiety-too/165758/



16 comments:

WFT Nobby said...

I'm curious to know which city forms the backdrop to that wonderful African 'Jerusalema' video. I'm thinking Lagos?
Excellent PON weather here today in Aberdeen.
Cheers, Gail.

Angus said...

Could be a bit 'ordered' for Lagos . Accra ?

Teena and Lala said...

Merlin would have loved the current Borders weather. Lala has regressed to puppyhood.
A belated (apologies) very Happy New Year. I look forward to a more authentic Hogmanay for 2021!

Angus said...

The Borders must have been very quiet this year with everyone social distancing ! Next year there will be a lot of pent up enthusiasm !

OJN said...

Johannesburg

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Yes Jo'burg... the music artist and the singer (Nomceba - read here) are South African... though there is a little of the 'naija' sound about the song which is what gives it the 'vibe' Angus was feeling I think!

I rather enjoyed the Austrian Airlines efforts! YAM xx

Angus said...

Would love to agree but the river and ships at the 4 second mark tells me it isn't a view of Joburg I know. Cape town ? No skyline's wrong. Durban ? No .

Gina said...

No 1 is just right. Happy and Healthy New Year.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Ahaaa... (and thanks to Gail for doing the research) IT IS LAGOS... my bad for not noticing the water and ships, Angus. I got caught up on the SA origins of KG and Nomcebe (and the original video which was filmed there) but this is a remix with Burna Boy - who is Nigerian.

I lived in Nigeria for nearly three years (1975-78), but Benin City... and I don't think I would recognise that place now either after forty years. Yxx

Fay said...

Once again, your choice of music, as well as the varied New year's greetings, has made my day. I laughed at a comment about the Australian Airlines video—"I look forward to hearing Blue Danube next time I land." Happy New Year to all.

Stephanie said...

I'm wishing a very happy and healthy 2021 to adorable Sophie, Angus and the Font and all who visit here.

Jake of Florida said...

Hello. Happy New Year. I've (my Boyz Jake and Just Harry, now angels) been a follower for years but haven't commented recently for procrastination in updating my password. But new year. New resolution. New password. Et voila. Joan and our 14-year old adopted foxie, Joey.

Angus said...

Thank you. And a Happy and Healthy 2021 to you and yours with a little extra emphasis on the 'healthy'.

Angus said...

The airline crew make a valiant effort but perhaps not quite the same jive as the original ?

Angus said...

Sophie has been told that she's adorable. She agrees and wonders if you have any Jaffa Cakes ?

Angus said...

Good to see you again and hello to Joey .