Monday, November 7, 2022

Resplendently warm.


Sophie always used to be up and about before us. Now, as she approaches ten, she's starting to sleep in 'a little longer'. This morning she wakes when she hears me open the front door. A shaggy head appears from behind the sofa and looks to see what's going on. Do I detect a hint of irritation in the look ?

The family diva has a rather plush bed but she prefers to sleep on the rugs in the drawing room. We think she follows a clockwise rug rotation during the wee hours. She's the 'wherever I lay my head I call my home' sort of girl. Sophie has quickly discovered that the thick new curtains make an excellent pillow.


Yesterdays orange and red sunrise is replaced by todays different tones. As dawn breaks I am accompanied on my walk by a purple sun painted PONette. This makes me laugh. Eagle eyed readers will see that Sophie's hair continues to grow. The move from France to Scotland must have triggered something in her DNA. By January she's going to have the shape of a shaggy anvil. She will however be resplendently warm through the Celtic gales. The triumph of function over form.

12 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
As a keen birder, I have yet to tick off my list the live observation of a murmuration of starlings... though I do get some impressive fly-bys from gulls and pigeons here! The colour of early morning by the Hutch? Dull and duller. YAM xx

WFT Nobby said...

The starlings are stunning. Nobby and I had an exciting close encounter with a huge flock of geese just taking wing near Aboyne yesterday.
I am impressed by the range of sunrise colours you catch on your phone camera. My Samsung A52 always turns the delicate pink shades to orange.
Cheers! Gail.

Susan said...

I've seen a couple of nice murmurations near Amboise recently.

Coppa's girl said...

What fantastic film - how is that they don't collide with one another!
An interesting change of colours for your sunrise this morning - does that mean that nippier weather is on the way?
Another warm sunny day here and we walked along by the sea, noting that there were far less people on the beach this week, so all the schools must be back. Still very pleasant but surprising how hot it still is - mid 20ยบ's again. The cooler weather will come as an unwelcome surprise!

Anonymous said...

Teenaandlala@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Something odd happening today. If you can remove my email address Angus that would be appreciated!

Travel said...

Maybe her papa was a rolling stone, wherever he laid his hat was his home. . . sorry it may take hours to get that earworm out of our heads. Have fun today.

Lisa in France said...

Even before I read your post, I was thinking that Sophie's coat is looking particularly luxuriant in today's photo. Not to mention the purple tint! It really is a beautiful shot.

Diaday said...

A picture of a purple PON is perfect way to propel into a new week.

Lizzie said...

It's amazing that the colors can be so different on consecutive days. Some of the vividness is probably related to dust and soil in the air. Sophie wears both red and purple well!

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful colors! This morning I woke up before the cats and dog, who insist on sleeping on the bed. No 5 a.m
arias from cat 1 not any demands for breakfast from cat 2. The poodle likes to sleep in.

rottrover said...

I love the Purple PON!