Thursday, November 9, 2023

Relaying his creels.

'The Font' has a single square of chocolate after lunch. Angus, by contrast, thinks chocolate should be consumed by the bar. He also prefers milk. This morning the postie arrives with a replenishment parcel for 'The Font'.  Bonnat was the chocolate of choice in France ( and for their Christmas assortments ) but two new types are being trialed.

A stunning start to the day. The light makes the little stone beach look spectacular in a volcanic sort of way. A dozen eider ducks paddle, line astern,  in the rock pools by the waters edge. Further out the cormorants stand on the jagged rocks drying their wings in that comical way they do. The deer family ( which now seems to have split into two smaller herds ) walk slowly away from us along the dividing line between field and shore. Every so often they turn and look at us quizically.

The man with the black spaniel reminds us that the village has a weekend beach clean up planned. From nine until lunchtime on Saturday and Sunday volunteers are needed to clear plastic from the shore. The recent storms have washed a lot of plastic onto the sand. We promise to be there.


Tea and cakes will be provided  in the village hall for the litter brigade . Black bags and those long 'tweezers' that enable you to pick up things without bending down will be provided. There will be a larger clean up session on the town beaches on Wednesday afternoon. I'm guessing this will be all together grander affair.


Two of the lobster boats are moored in the outer harbour. The first time they've been able to move from the shelter of the inner harbour in three weeks. 'Our' fisherman is already far out at sea relaying his creels.


A lovely sunrise over the hills behind the Scottie by the pier. This morning we're heading into Edinburgh to see the surgeon and find out how stage one has gone. 


Kilts ( for women ) become fashionable :https://www.oldstonetrade.com/


15 comments:

WFT Nobby said...

Today's first two photos are particularly appealing, for very different reasons. My preferred approach to the post-prandial chocolate would perhaps been one square from each of those bars!
I hope the eye surgeon in Edinburgh finds everything is satisfactory.
Cheers, Gail.

Coppa's girl said...

I, too, hope that it's good news from the eye surgeon.
In the absence of a dog, a beach clear-up is a good way to get to know the neighbours.

jabblog said...

I hope the weather stays fine for the litter picking.
One square of chocolate? Such discipline - it's all or nothing here.

Lisa in France said...

We have a similar chocolate divide in our household, and I will have to check out the Font's favorites. The chocolate in France has been a revelation. My husband is much taken with the little chocolate shop in our neighborhood and has been stocking up on milk chocolate eyeballs at the after-Halloween sale. No temptation for me there! The stone beach in your second photo reminds me of the Big Island in Hawaii and its lunar landscape.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I confess I am a one square a go kinda gal... and I can actually forget I have chocolate in the tin for a week or two before the next square. If, however, there was a bowl of chips (plain salted or cheese and onion) set before me................YAM xx

Poppy Q said...

Hope the surgeon is happy. Hope you get some treats.

Travel said...

Chocolate is like life, to be taken in all at once.

Diaday said...

"As long as there is chocolate, there will be happiness." - Wayne Gerard Trotman

Jake of Florida said...

Chocoholic here. But dark chocolate, a square at a time (until it's gone or hidden). Hope the eye surgeon has good news.

Stephanie said...

Such grand sky and sea pictures. I'm afraid if there is chocolate in the house I will rapidly polish it off. I prefer milk, too. The beach clean-up will be an enjoyable community effort. I hope all is well at your check-up.

Bailey Bob Southern Dog said...

Angus, may you have good news from the surgeon, and a safe trip to Edinburgh and back home.

rottrover said...

Beautiful sky photos today, and I'm quite taken with the women's kilts, though as a 70-something rather than a 20 something I'm not sure I'd capture the same "look." Good luck with the doctor.

waterdog said...

Ditto all the comments!
JoAnn in Maryland

The Bougalou Bear said...

I am a Valrhona girl-from Tain l'Hermitage (Drome)- myself, and only dark will do,but I would gladly try Bonnat,strictly for the sake of experimentation naturally...

Women don't wear kilt?

I join all other in wishing for a good report tomorrow.

Camille said...

Loved seeing the wee dug by the seaside one last time. Investigated the kilt link. Is it just me, or am I seeing incredibly unhappy young women modeling overly baggy and unappealing clothing? Ahh,youth. Wishing you much success with your appointment in Edinburgh.