Friday, March 30, 2018

Not to be found in the PON owners lexicon.


There is a moment of emotion as the PONs are reunited with Angus at the airport. The words 'calm' and 'measured' are not to be found together in the PON owners lexicon, nor 'quiet' and 'greeting'.

On the way home Angus comments on the dog smell coming from the back of the car. 'The Font' is apparently suffering from clinical noseblindness and claims not to notice.


The source of the 'whiff' is traced to Sophie's fur. She has been rolling in the long grass and found something that passed its sell by date some time ago.


The new shears are brought out an Angus sets to work. Bob watches from a prudent distance.


Back, flanks and underside are done before Sophie's patience evaporates. Rump, legs and feet will have to wait. She has a ' work in progress ' look.

Sophie is rewarded with a pot of yogurt.


A bath ( for dog and master ) is in order but the boiler decides to emit smoke and shake. It is turned off. Angus calls the plumber who has just closed for Easter. 'The Font' seems less than happy at the thought of a protracted spell of cold showers. Angus will spend Good Friday searching for an emergency heating engineer.

The Old Farmer has replaced the lights on his Christmas star. '' Want them to be bright and at their best for Easter " he shouts out cheerily and with a debonair disregard for the seasons. He goes back into hospital this time next week.


What's in a name ? :https://qz.com/1237944/americas-gender-fluid-future-in-100-years-of-baby-name-trends/


11 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Welcome back! I've of course had those moments that I wish I could feign nose-blindness! But I just placed our foster boy Jameson with someone in McLean, and he and his partner built a home that has a seperate entrance that is complete with a shower, and dog bathing area. I'm envious!

I hope you find an emergency heating engineer.

MOPL said...

Does Sophie suggest styles to the hairdresser? One has to love the attitude to life of OF. Have a pleasant Easter.

MOPL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WFT Nobby said...

The article of gendered names is interesting. I have always been surprised when some American readers of Bertie's blog have initially thought he might be a girl. But now I wonder did we have the same trend in the UK too? (In Scotland I have yet to meet a female Cameron). Cheers, Gail.
PS Full disclosure time - when I first started reading this blog, over 8 years ago, I did speculate the 'Font' might be a male partner....

Susan said...

Why do boilers do that! There is clearly something inbuilt that registers extended public holidays and causes them to malfunction. My sympathies if you do have to go through a cold water Easter, and my sympathies anyway that you'll have to spend time negotiating a plumber's visit.

Taste of France said...

It's amazing how little water one needs for a shower when the water is cold. Think of the weekend as a water conservation victory.
Sophie's 'do is very interesting.

Swan said...

Did Sophie mind the noise from the clippers? That was a lot of hair! The first time my husband gave my horse a trace clip he wore a thin plastic raincoat to keep the hair from going down the front of his shirt. 😊🐎

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Tell Sophie she is channeling her inner Poodle. She may decide this is not on!
The waiter was sacked from "a Canada restuarant". A new eateries chain? The Guardian ought to know better, presuming the place is actually Canadian.
The names chosen to look at in that article bear no similarity to any names I have encountered in my sixty years... other than in films or folk related to films...
Forgive my pickiness. Think your cold water situation got to me. My sypathies and wishes for speedy fixing! YAM xx

BaileyBobSouthernDog said...

Ah memories . . . My father coached a competitive swimming team comprised of children of all ages. I coached a synchronized swimming team of mostly young children. The worst arguments my father and I ever engaged in were over the temperature of the water in the swimming pool !!! To this day, just the thought of getting in cold water makes me cringe. I too extend my sympathy and hope for a warm water Easter! As always, Sophie is trending the latest in hair styles.

rottrover said...

Sophie appears to be channeling her 'inner scottie.'

Sharon said...

I’m impressed that the yoghurt pot is still whole-Mortimer would have shredded it!