Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Two types of dog.




A great day lies ahead.


I know it's going to be a great day because Bob wanders into the house with an almost fermented and heavily gummed dead mole.


He drops this under my desk. Then he stares at me contentedly with that '' The boy done good  '' look.

There are two types of dogs. Those that swallow putrid dead things in one gulp ( Sophie ) and those that carry them gently in their mouths in the hope they'll recover.


Six thirty am and the PONs world is already proving to be a place of limitless high adventure. Soon there will be curly croissant ends to savour.







9 comments:

Emm said...

The mole description made me laugh, but then I thought, Better you than me.
Listening just now to the neighborhood owls chatting in the trees. Perhaps planning their next hunt.

WFT Nobby said...

I'm normally of robust constitution, but the dead mole description is making me slightly queasy over my breakfast muesli...
Cheers! Gail.

Lisa in Tokyo said...

I suppose it is one benefit of living in the city with a PON that there are far fewer dessicated moles to be found. I can relate, however, as I vividly remember a morning long ago when I woke up to find a dead and bloody mouse on my pillow, and my cat sitting there purring with a look of infinite pride on his face.

Coppa's girl said...

My Lab, Inca, would view the mole in the same way that Sophie does - a nice, unexpected, very tasty snack ! There are some things you just don't want to share with your family friend - no matter how much you love them.
I'll go for the croissant ends any day !

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Okay. Well. Am glad I left reading till well after breakfast... hope the day is unfolding as expected! YAM xx

Poppy Q said...

A kind gift from a dog to his master.

At least it wasn't alive. I have been given a live mouse on my bed at 3am. Thanks.

Angus said...

What fun.

Angus said...

Lucky you.

Angus said...

It is at moments like this that dogs always want to give you a good face lick !