Friday, August 9, 2019

15/10


Bob gives me his ' What you got planned ? ' look. It's going to be hot today and there's a strong wind blowing up from the Sahara.  Whatever's planned is going to have to be done before the heat builds.


To the cheese shop with the windows down. PON ears fly in the breeze. We choose some Sable de Wissant and some Elutcha. The pretty young lady behind the counter gives the PONs a sliver ( more a dollop ) of over ripe Brie de Melun. This gets a 15/10 on the PON tail wagging scale. As we leave Bob trips over his feet. He's having a joy overload.


So starts the best day ever. 


7 comments:

Lisa in Tokyo said...

Cherry normally gets her morning medications wrapped in cream cheese (or banana if we're feeling health conscious) - I can't even imagine what might happen if I surprised her with overripe Brie one day! Hope the rest of their day continues in the same happy vein!

WFT Nobby said...

A dollop of overripe Brie de Melun. Surely more than 15/10?
Grade inflation rules!

Coppa's girl said...

I'd go into joy overload too, if I was let loose in a cheese shop ! How ever do you choose which ones to buy? Do you start on the left and work your way through, or do you take a more scientific approach?

serena said...

Hello Angus,
Just wanted to say how much I look forward to my daily dose of Bob and Sophie. One of the first things I do each morning is check in with the Angelic Duo. Thanks so much for making time each day to share your adventures.
Serena Talbott

Camille said...

Oh yes! My thoughts exactly...where would one ever start for choice? Bob and Sophie are such lucky dogs starting the day with overripe brie indeed.

Emm said...

I'm still basking in the feelgood of the story about the glazier and his family and the recovering children.
Another dog book, one that I've given often as a present, is Mary Oliver's "Dog Songs". https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/24757302-dog-songs

Bailey Bob Southern Dog said...

I am with Bob. I am experiencing joy overload just looking at all the varieties of cheese!