Wednesday, August 21, 2019

The away day.


To London for the day. The weather perfect. Sunny, a light breeze ands no humidity. Angus walks to his meetings.  This gives him a chance to look at some bronze penguins in an art gallery ...

... and an interesting collection of rose wine in a wine merchants window. The Domaine d'Ott an absolute favourite.


The Swedish Embassy has moved to a 1930's era primary school building. The building has had a thorough renovation but to this observers eye still looks like a 1930's era primary school.


We buy some Pistachio Baklava to take back to France ...



.... but regret doing so when we see the cakes for sale in a bakers along the road.


The blueberry and lime cheesecake looks wonderful but there's no room left in Angus's bag.


Back at Toulouse airport it's pure unadulterated chaos. Four  Jumbos bringing pilgrims back from the Haj pilgrimage to Mecca have landed before the British Airways flight. 

It takes an hour to get through immigration.The presence of a gaggle of riot Police doesn't help. The fun really starts at customs which is completely seized up.


The only solution is the perma-smile, the cheerful ' Excusez moi ', an occasional '' Oh la la " and all the determination of a head down rugby winger in full charge. After 20 minutes of deft footwork and trolley weaving I'm through.


8 comments:

Poppy Q said...

Now thats a cake shop!!!!

I like the penguins, and the art on the floor which looks interesting.

WFT Nobby said...

Those rugby skills could come in useful later on in life too. When old and doddery, and prone to stumbling over, my father would say, as we picked him off the floor, "I'm fine, I know how to fall, I used to play rugby".
I think the Baklava was a safe choice. Would the cheesecake have survived intact the journey home?
Love the penguins.
Cheers, Gail.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I too was wondering about transportation of those exotic towers of dietary-lustfuls!!! Well done on negotiating the rugby field, hope I don't face similar tomorrow at Edinburgh as I aim for my Loganair flight to Norwich. It's festival time, y'know... YAM xx

impguin finnell said...

I love the bronze penguins! After dogs, they are probably my favorite animal. I found your blog a few months ago and have been following daily. Bob's and Sophie's antics always give a sometimes much needed smile during a busy day. Thanks for sharing your love and life with them.

Angus said...

In recent years London has moved up the global cake rankings but still lags Paris and Shanghai !.

Angus said...

Some, ( what 'The Font' would term the less intelligent ), have managed to break a remarkable number of bones in failing to fall properly !

Angus said...

Great care can be taken for blueberry and lime cheesecake !

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Baklava would win every time in this house. I'm surprised the airport doesn't have those miles of roped off walkways.