Friday, July 19, 2024

7% higher this year.

An article in the paper says that  United Airlines will be carrying nearly 800,000 passengers across the Atlantic to Europe in July  alone. 1st and Business Class seats are 'hard to find'. Seems that last year was a 'back to normal ' schedule after Covid. This year demand is 7% higher.

Temperatures in the mid-20's again. This is the cue for the town dogs to have their summer buzz cut. These two have that 'home'  trimmed look.


Friday morning. We're up early to buy tomatoes from the farm shop.


Still no fresh peas but there are beans.


Friday mornings at the fishmongers are always busy but there's no queues ...yet.


Today there's halibut, salmon tail and sustainable lemon sole which has just arrived from Peterhead . It's unpacked and deboned for us.


The fishmonger also sells Panko breadcrumbs which surprises us.

6 comments:

WFT Nobby said...

Mouth-watering pictures today.
I once made a total pig's ear of Hamish the Westie's furs when I attempted to cut his furs myself, and thereafter paid for a professional groomer for him. I'd say those two Westies look pretty good. Fortunately, the texture of the wire-haired fox terrier coat is much more forgiving, thus Bertie and Nobby both have had home hairdos - so much cheaper!
Cheers, Gail.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I have a post scheduled for next week that looks at the costs involved in a recent big journey I had to make and compared it (via RAC calculator) to an ICE vehicle making the same journey. My 'fuel' costs were a full ten quid less for the equivalent distance. Bearing in mind that I drive a 3300kg van, a saloon car would likely have been even more economical. I rarely use the fast chargers, which are expensive. As for De Witt's paid-for article to promote his book... axe to grind, pinch of salt required... YAM xx

Diaday said...

I recently renewed my passport and the passport photographer said the same thing as you stated. Passport applications and renewals higher than they have been in a long time.

Travel said...

Scallops and Lobster, look so good. I need to book seats for next spring.

Lisa in France said...

The world and I are apparently going in different directions. After so many years of frequent international travel, I really haven't gone anywhere at all for the past year. I don't miss it much, although I am hoping to get to London in September, to see where my son will be going to school next year and, finally, visit my brother in Dorset. Meanwhile a new Japanese restaurant opened yesterday in our village, and my husband and son have both pronounced it to be "OK," which is high praise for them.

rottrover said...

You have pictured the makings of some beautiful meals!