Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Boat owners.


It's not raining this morning. Perhaps we shall see some ( or all ) of the workmen return to finish off the pool ?


It is a law of nature that the moorhens will appear and frolic unconcernedly on the water lilly leaves  when I don't have the i-Phone with me. When I do have it they quickly scurry into the safety of the iris plants that line the pond. Eagle eyed readers may just about make out mother and three tiny chicks paddling towards safety. 


Down by the river a group of boat owners getting their craft ready for summer. Kayaks also make a seasonal appearance. Sophie carefully monitors all these goings on. The boat owners tend to be gentlemen of  a certain age who are so engrossed in what they're doing that they ignore her. Sophie is not keen on being ignored. She yelps to make sure they know she's there.

9 comments:

Lisa in France said...

I can't see the moorhens, but the pond looks lovely. I hope the workmen turned up.

Coppa's girl said...

I think there's too much greenery in the pond to spot the moorhens, but it's good to know they are thriving. I may have spotted one baby just to the right and above the clump of water lilies, but I could be mistaken. The pond is excellent camouflage for them.
How sensible of Sophie to keep a careful eye on the goings on by the river. You can never be too careful around water - sometimes you might get an unexpected bath!
Sophie, remember the password for the builders is Jaffa cakes - and they must bring at least one packet!

WFT Nobby said...

I'm curious to know whether the trend for stand up paddle-boarding has reached your local river. I am seeing more and more enthusiasts for this form of watersport paddling down the Dee. Bertie looked alarmed when I mentioned I'd once had a go on a paddle board in a quiet inlet to Puget Sound, and it was great fun!

Angus said...

You.ve got it. The moorhens are above the water lilies and to the right. They are difficult things to photograph !

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Yup, I saw them - but I did use the magnifier tool on my gadget bar!!! YAM xx

Angus said...

Well spotted. I'd have to say the chicks are still very small so distinguishing them for a lily or leaf isn't easy !.

Angus said...

So far no, but summer may bring out the more adventurous.

Angus said...

A picture of the moorhens may have to wait until a trip to the Apple store in Georgetown and the purchase of an i-Phone 12 or 13 or whatever the latest version is.

10NISNE1 said...

Very impressed with Bunny the talking dog!