Wednesday, August 18, 2021

London bound


Off early to see the pharmacist. The nasal swab a quick and unpainful process. Not something I'd want to do every day but more of a tickle than a pain. Within five minutes the test results have appeared on my Covid app and in printable form on my computer. That I must say is pretty impressive.

There's time before I head off to the airport for PONette and master to have a walk down through the sunflower fields to the stream and back. The flowers are now just past their best. 

The deer have left ' calling cards ' in the fertile fields that run along the valley floor. Sophie is very keen on 'calling cards'. She is a great one for snacking between meals.

A full report what travel is like through Heathrow on Friday. Until then keep safe.


 

8 comments:

WFT Nobby said...

Best wishes for smooth travels. I'll be interested to hear your impressions of London too.

Coppa's girl said...

Safe travels, Angus.

Travel said...

Have a great trip, I miss traveling

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Past their best indeed... ripening into their age, those sunflowers. Feeling the weight of their time... I identify with them! Safe there and back, Angus YAM xx

Sharon said...

Have a good trip. For those interested here is an article on why sunflowers face east.
https://nph.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/nph.17627

Bailey Bob Southern Dog said...

May you have no problems at the airports. Also, hope you accomplish your mission for this trip!

rottrover said...

Hoping both the dentist and the airport treat you well.

Fay said...

Such marvelous photos, as always. I look forward to hearing of your "adventures," hopefully painless.