Friday, November 6, 2020

Wild and misspent youth ?


Thick dew on the grass this morning. Sophie ploughs along oblivious to how wet her undercarriage is getting. We meet the German billionaire who is  sporting his unusual red dungarees and mustard polo neck outfit. These are colours that would work well on a four year old. Less so on the more mature wearer.  The German billionaires just had a delivery of wine from a dealer in Berlin. ' You must try a bottle of this wine from Baden. It's really very good '. Angus, who knows nothing about German wine, thanks him. It says 'trocken' ( dry ) on the bottle which is unusual for a red wine.  A new high of 58,000 cases here yesterday so no signs that the lockdown is working yet.


The Old Farmer is back. The trip with his lady friend in the caravanette seems to have been rather shorter in duration than he had imagined.


Quite how one person, let alone two, could get into it is nothing short of a miracle. On the back the caravanette sports two Harley-Davidson stickers. Perhaps if you have a small windowless caravanette the Harley-Davidson stickers are a reminder of a wild and misspent youth ... and wide open spaces ?

How unusual. Mongolian Heavy Metal : https://youtu.be/v4xZUr0BEfE

This insight into the continuin rupture in Palo Alto life made me smile :https://thoughtfulideas.blogspot.com/2020/11/politics-on-farm-stanford-november-3.html



8 comments:

WFT Nobby said...

A trip in a tiny windowless caravanette would be very low on my list of desirable holidays, even at this stage in the pandemic when the smallest change of scene feels ridiculously exciting! On the way back from the park this morning a neighbour was telling me about her recent long weekend in Dumfries and Galloway and I was most envious.
In a bizarre way, I rather enjoyed the Mongolian heavy metal!
Cheers, Gail.

Angus said...

I don't wish to be disobliging to Dumfries and Galloway but it's a strange world when a long winter weekend there becomes an object of envy. Truly a place where long winter weekends are doubly long.

WFT Nobby said...

Walking down to the shops, another neighbour just went one better by telling me she was excited to be going to the dentist today!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I say - now I have a new sound on my playlist; I too am drawn in by that Mongolian sound!
...and I could go the mini-caravan if I knew there was somewhere I could safely take it - and stay... YAM xx

Allison said...

I like the Mongolian music. One of the band members almost sounds like a throat singer. Thanks for an interesting link.

Poppy Q said...

I feel claustrophobic just looking at the shoebox on wheels.

The Life of Riley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Life of Riley said...

It is nice the German billionaire gave you a bottle of "very good" wine to try. Petit Verdot grapes produce dry red wine - perhaps an acquired taste! In the absence of travel, due to lockdown, at least you and "The Font" can still try something new. Let us all know what you think of it.