Wednesday, December 15, 2021

PONette wisdom.

PONette wisdom. Sometimes it's difficult for a girl to get comfortable when she's sharing a bed with her favourite 'sausage dog' toy. When this happens the best thing to do is get your head out of the bed and continue your nap. To the uninitiated this 'head down', approach may look uncomfortable but beats going out into the dark. Do not under any circumstances acknowledge the command ' It's time to get up '. If needs be feign clinical deafness.


A fun shop in Argentina. The masks on the walls are carved by villagers to keep alive  the memory of animals they find on the side of the road. There seem to be pumas among them - which is doubly sad. What a rather a kind and elemental thing to do : https://facon.com.ar/en/

And no Christmas would be complete without a song from the parallel universe of German television. Dry ice, 70's era pop star, ladies playing violins, naked flames ,dinner jackets, dubious lighting and garish backdrops a speciality. Stay for the fireworks at the end : https://youtu.be/rcIaup7gqiQ?t=57




7 comments:

Lisa in France said...

It's clear that Sophie loves her bed so much she just can't stand to leave it. I had a lot of fun browsing through the items at the Argentinian store. The CABALLETE SANTIAGUEÑO reminded me just a bit of the reindeer in your village's holiday display. I am not sure I can say I had a lot of fun watching the German video, but it certainly was eye-opening.

WFT Nobby said...

Dogs and humans differ in their ideas about comfortable sleeping positions, I find.
The Argentinian shop website is most engaging. Well worth a visit.

Susan said...

I think you are being a little unfair to pick on German telly. After all, if it isn't endless replays of Top of the Pops (sans paedophiles, of course) and other 70s music nostalgia, it's André Rieu on British television. And Arte is half German, and they do some terrific stuff, not at all in this vein.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
I second the thoughts on the shop site... and at least Roland had an inoffensive voice... YAM xx

Coppa's girl said...

It must be very inclement weather outside if Sophie ignores the "time to get up" command! Usually she's up first and raring to go - have you tried a cold wet nose in her ear?
The German video wouldn't play, so I'm left wondering what I've missed. The Argentinian video left me feeling it was a good advert for Volkswagen trucks - I suppose I'd expected to see the artisans at work.

Travel said...

Somedays, when I am lucky, I can sleep like the lady, lucky dog

Fay said...

Perhaps the phrase "Curly croissant ends" would do the trick.