Saturday, March 12, 2022

Helping.

The family diva clambers into the back of the car. It really seems impossible that she had a major fur trimming last week.

On our morning walk some very weird and wonderful things are sprouting in the grass verges near the stream.


Still unbelievable that there are people fighting and dying 1500 miles to the East of here. Talking to men in dark suits in Vienna and Dubai this morning there's a feeling that things are moving towards a climax this coming week. What can you do for the poor folks caught in the  middle of all this ?

'The Font' finally decides on two ways of helping :

1) : https://wck.org/

2): https://universityconnections.newsweaver.com/1lkm22ra0p/3yxhecwxcb2q5cphy2uhlw?email=true&lang=en

8 comments:

Lisa in France said...

I like Sophie's "international canine of mystery" look today and I hope someone among your readers will know what those strange plants are. In an unsettled world, your daily posts are especially welcome these days.

Virginia said...

Thank you for the link to wck.org it is certainly worth supporting, and I'll put it up on my Fb page. Those look like some kind of fungi to me, and best checked carefully before you take them home for dinner!!

WFT Nobby said...

Thank you to Angus and several readers here for your kind comments about Bertie yesterday. He was so very dear to me. When watching the horrendously distressing news footage of those fleeing for their lives in Ukraine, it is noteworthy how many are clinging to beloved pets.
Like so many, I wish I could do more to mitigate the disaster unfolding in Eastern Europe, but a donation supporting the Red Cross work in Ukraine has been my rather unoriginal starting point. A friend spent yesterday helping at a collection point for supplies for refugees and told me they were being inundated with goods.
Oh and by the way, how was the (revolting sounding) popcorn ice cream....?

Coppa's girl said...

To another PON, Sophie is (possibly?) a vision of loveliness, so who are we to cast doubts upon her appearance? I think Lisa has the correct description!
The strange plants are indeed weird, and I'm not sure that even Mr Google would know what they are - how would you describe them!

Susan said...

The plant is some sort of horsetail/mare's tail Equisitum sp.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Susan beat me to it! Yes, Common or Field Horsetail (Equisetum arvense)... can be a real pest!

I thank you too for the links - the majority of us are left feeling helpless regarding Ukraine - and watching the news under such constraint is almost feeling voyeuristic... YAM xx

Travel said...

Such a sweet little doggie. Thanks for the mention of WCK, I have met Jose a few times, a really genuine humanitarian, and a great chef.

Stephanie said...

Yes, thank you, Susan. We have equisetums on our land but a bit different. Thank you, Angus for sharing your unfolding spring.