Saturday, January 12, 2019

Silence.


One of those days where the PONs are attached to my ankles.


They follow me through the house as I open up the shutters. They watch with silent intensity. Figure that out. The PONs never do anything silently. Angus talks to them about Tulsi Gabbard. As political commentators they seem completely unmoved.


Shutters open we head off for the morning croissant. Loic the heavily bifocaled gardener arrives as Bob and Sophie are getting in the back of the car. They get out and welcome Loic - noisily. They then get back in. Our departure is delayed while Sophie informs Bob that he's taking up too much space. Today's croissant warrants a 9.8/10. Warm from the oven. 


The PONs also get some Galette de Rois slivers from the baker. This clearly makes it not just any day but the best day ever.


What fun. They played this on Radio France this morning : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAOFXTbECn0


Congo has had a chaotic and disputed election. Who knew this about Kinshasa ? :
https://rachelstrohm.com/2019/01/05/visualizing-kinshasas-population/

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed that! Will add to my music library.
Have a great day.

Poppy Q said...

Oh look at your two buddies. It always makes me laugh having little footsteps following you from room to room.

Pam in NH said...

Are the PONs looking for their Mom/Font? Or some other concern? When Lola Doodle get quiet and clingy it's because she needs"more info". If Mom isn't back from the wee house, I hope that she will be soon. Kids!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Yes I was thinking the ankle-clinging might relate to one missing pack member. Yet again, Angus, you bring us much to mull over with your post. Loved that mountain map idea. The song was fun, but perhaps a little upbeat for the subject matter? (For other readers, here is a more original rendition with translation. Now am off to read up on Ms Gabbard! YAM xx

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Always nice to start the day quietly and work up to that crescendo.

Stephanie said...

A belated happy 6th birthday to Bob and Sophie! May it be a best year ever. I enjoyed your background story of how PONs came to join your family. It was an unknown breed to me before finding your blog. They are way up on my list of a breed I would like to have, thanks to you-know-who. Stephanie Jo in Northern California