Sunday, September 12, 2021

The big question.


Pandemic restrictions finally easing. Shopping centres are open without having to have your Covid app scanned on entry. Despite forecasts that the French would never accept restrictions on their personal freedom mask wearing and social distancing are still the accepted norm. The big question in the village is whether the annual petanque competition and dinner should go ahead next month.  The younger villagers are all for it. The older ones want to know if their third booster jabs will have been administered. The court case also weighs heavily on the decision.


This mornings croissant mediocre. White bread masquerading as something fancier. It gets a 6.3/10. 


Having the windows down in the car as we return from our trip to the bakers does nothing for Sophie's hair. Perhaps it's time for the last trim of the season before the colder weather arrives ?


 

It is unusual to hear the anthem of another country played at Windsor but there again times are unusual :https://twitter.com/i/status/1436645817213931520

A book about my favourite NY hotel: https://eu.assouline.com/products/the-carlyle

9 comments:

Coppa's girl said...

Whatever happened to the Annual Pottery Exhibition - has that too fallen victim of Covid - or is the kiln no longer working?
Sophie does look a little embarrassed by her hairstyle in that last photo.

Angus said...

Sadly, the Anger Management Man had disagreements with the other organizers which coupled with the pandemic has put paid to this long standing village tradition.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Oh, Sophie... I feel ya sista-dawg. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

Travel said...

I can relate to the hair, I had the top down on the car yesterday, and it has been a long-long time since my last hair cut.

My Life of Domestic Bliss said...

The US National Anthem by The Welsh Guards brought tears to this Southwest Georgia Girl. Thank you for the link. As around the world, yesterday was an emotional day. I pray we never forget the sense of community and love exhibited the days after 911.

rottrover said...

I read this morning that France extended citizenship to many front-line workers of the pandemic. They included everyone from doctors to housekeepers in healthcare settings. Viva la France!

rottrover said...

If you get a chance, watch/listen to President George Bush's speech from Pennsylvania yesterday. This is his focus. Whatever you may think of him and his decisions, it's a good speech.

Diaday said...

Thank you for sharing the link with The Welsh Guards playing the US national anthem. 20 years...I remember that day so clearly. This show of support brought tears to a midwestern Ohio girl. Never Forget.

My Life of Domestic Bliss said...

I miss W. I don't understand what is happening to my beautiful country. I love the USA and pray for her.I will check out the speech. Thanks