Saturday, May 7, 2022

Odours.


Last night there was a little grilled tuna with Sophie's dinner time kibbles. This morning the family diva leads me into the kitchen and stares at the stove. Why can I not understand that grilled tuna should be a 24/7 option ? 

Sophie heads off with me through the village, down the ox track and along the valley to the stream. She has a long drink, fishes ineptly for minnows ( what is it with water and refraction ?), savours the civet cat odours and glares at a pair of large dragonflies.


The farmer has ploughed and seeded the field by the crossroads. This year he has installed a scarecrow. The scarecrow consists of two large white plastic bags and a smaller green one. From certain angles the improvised bird scarer can look like a knight on horseback. From others it looks like two white plastic bags and a smaller green one. Presumably the birds will be fooled.


After our walk we're off into the small market town to the bakers for a curly croissant end. The bakers wife has made a Fraisier ( which we buy ) ...


.... and a selection of mundane smaller cakes which we ignore. Sophie is given some choux pastry. This is gratefully received. 


Oops: https://www.cedars-sinai.org/newsroom/new-study-reveals-how-the-brain-says-oops/






7 comments:

Tigger's Mum said...

I, the Tigger, know your pain Sophie. Roast chicken comes out of that box in my kitchen, but only sometimes. I have sat beside it longingly many times I have seen the light on inside only to find a disappointingly unpalatable human food emerge. Keep hoping. Mr T

WFT Nobby said...

While Nobby dreams about one day sampling grilled tuna, Gail is salivating over today's cakes. The Fraisier would be her choice too.

Coppa's girl said...

Terrible, I know, but only tuna out of tin here, though Inca does get to sample some!
I'd go for a Frasier too, and Inca agrees!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
There are times I read this blog and think that I put on pounds just by gazing at the images from the various food outlets... YAM xx

Travel said...

My first thought was a wedding photo being taken in the middle of a planted field, it would scare me away. The bakery must be good, A noble bird graces their price cards.

Bailey Bob Southern Dog said...

I can see the knight on horseback, galloping across the field, under the lovely blue sky with puffy clouds. If only I could taste the Fraisier!

Stephanie said...

Lovely pictures of Sophie and the sky. Thank you for the pastry photos: at least I can dream of French pastries.