Friday, May 6, 2022

Problematic.


Blogger remains 'problematic'. The comment function is randomly selective and access to the blog can be 'haphazard'. Usually these gremlins sort themselves out within a few days. This time it seems to be taking a little longer. Thank you to those who continue to visit.

Sophie pretends that she can't hear Angus curse as this mornings photos refuse to download for the third time. A fibre optic line is being installed to bring the wonders of high speed access into the village. I'd like to think this has something to do with our blog issues.


Sophie climbs up onto the wooden garden table. Her preferred spot for C-A-T watching. There's a chance for PONette and master to have a chat and an ear scrunch before the day starts. While I go to get the car keys  Sophie hurtles through the alliums in pursuit of something only she can see. It might well have been an audacious blackbird. By the time she's made it down from her vantage point whatever caught her attention has long gone. The alliums  have transmitted a raw garlic smell to the divas fur.


Another couple of weeks and  we'll have to stop our morning trips in the car. It's warming up. 13 degrees when we set off but 17 when we make it back. Soon the morning sun will be beating down and the back of the car too hot - even in the mornings. The summer 'trim' and bath beckon.


Today we pick up some purple asparagus and artichokes at the greengrocers. En route home a kilo of freshly picked strawberries is waiting for us at the local farm. There is something wonderful about French seasons. Soon there will be melons and peaches.


9 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I shall persist in leaving comments in the hope that one eventually lands and stays! In my own post yesterday I complained bitterly about so many of my regulars landing in my spam folder (Blogger dashboard, not email) and some just disappearing into the ether... sigh... and because I asked Gail to mention to Angus the possibility some are floating in his spam dashboard, this comment will in likelihood now show. Murphy is the very devil!

Back on theme - LOVE that piccie of Sophie up top! YAM xx

Angus said...

Hi - Went and checked. I fear that this gremlin is sending comments to some special place far away from spam folders. It is not the usual run of the mill gremlin but let's live in hope that it disappears as suddenly as it came !.

Lisa in France said...

Sophie actually looks quite disapproving in that first shot. She perhaps doesn't realize she's an international Internet celebrity (an influencer?), making these technical issues a problem to be taken seriously. The artichokes look wonderful! In Tokyo, they are outrageously priced and generally overgrown. It's starting to warm up in Tokyo as well. Charlie got his summer trim yesterday, in anticipation of swimming pool season. Today he will visit the vet for a checkup, annual vaccines and the insertion of a microchip. I am not sure he is having a fun week, but hopefully when we pull out the pool he will forgive us . . .

WFT Nobby said...

I see that my friend Yamini's message got through this morning. I too have had random comments from regular visitors going to spam on Nobby's blog lately.
Good to see the seasonal vegetables on display. What are Sophie's views on artichokes and purple asparagus, I wonder?
Cheers, Gail

Coppa's girl said...

Sophie, and the Alliums look lovely. I'll bet the strawberries look (and taste) mouth-wateringly good too. This morning I bought a pack at the supermarket, but I know they'll have little taste. Can't say that the thought of the peaches we have here thrills me - they are usually harder than cricket balls and reluctant to ripen. At least the Avocados aren't too bad!
It's warming up here, too. We're going to have to reconsider the time of our morning walk. 10 a.m. will soon be far too hot. We're already taking our 3.30-4 p.m. afternoon stroll after 8 p.m.

Travel said...

Such pretty veggies and a garlic scented diva, the perfect start to the day. Comments are being held as possible spam, I am having to go in once a day and sort them out releasing the one's that should have posted.

Swan said...

I finally dumped Bloglovin and just google you to find your blog..

rottrover said...

I've finally been able to leave comments the past couple of weeks after not being able to do so for months! However, I tried to comment on Nobby's blog the other day, and ZILCH! (Hi Nobby, you're adorable!!)I, too, just come visit Sophie each morning through google, but I wouldn't miss a day for anything!

Tink said...

Blogger is certainly having a problem. I can comment here but not on other blogs. At least we can read blogs though. Such wonderful,produce, great big asparagus! Artichokes not so big in Aus. Glad Sophie continues to improve..