Saturday, May 21, 2022

Volcanic


On 'The Fonts' flight home the next door seat seat was taken by a gentleman with his guide dog. The dog made herself comfortable on the floor at his feet. Every time the aircraft encountered turbulence the dog would sit up. Every time it sat up his owner gave her a biscuit. The dog seemed rather happy with this arrangement.

The heat continues to build. Monsieur Bay is up and about  in the pre-dawn cool. He informs me that the recently deceased villagers sons are called Wayne and Warren. This seems highly improbable but it was apparently chic in the 70's to give your children  American soap opera  names. Wayne is the son with four wives. Fireworks are to be expected at the funeral. Over the years Wayne has promised ownership of his fathers house to each of his spouses. Someone is going to be disappointed. I'm sensing the village is expecting a 'volcanic' funeral .

After opening the church Sophie sprints off to the war memorial. There is a C-A-T lurking in the shrubbery.


This new place is an hour down the road : https://www.troplong-mondot.com/en/

And one day we'll stay here. Every time we've gone the road has collapsed and we've had to back track to Pebble Beach :https://deetjens.com/. Then there's this place which comes recommended : https://www.theinnatnewportranch.com/

12 comments:

WFT Nobby said...

That Troplong Mondot website - ever so slightly pretentious...?

Angus said...

Very Bordeaux

Tigger's Mum said...

So are you now in a village of 66 souls?

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I am only writing in the hope of finally getting to leave a mark - most of my comments this week have disappeared entirely... but I continue to imbibe my daily dose of Sophie's adventures... YAM xx

Angus said...

Thank you for battling with the comments function. It seems to have developed a mind of its own.

Coppa's girl said...

Oh dear, I think I'd go out for the day on Monday...or will the sparks fly for the rest of the week!
Sophie, I hope you gave that C-A-T a good talking to!
I know another dog who would be happy with the biscuit arrangement on the plane - and she's not a guide dog! Pleased to read that guide dogs are allowed in the cabin with their owner.

Travel said...

I did a slow drive down the Pacific coast from SF to Pebble Beach 3 or 4 years ago, so worth it.

sillygirl said...

I hope Sophie doesn't read this blog - I somehow think she would be willing to "sit" for a biscuit over and over.

Bailey Bob Southern Dog said...

Welcome home ‘The Font’! I know your flock is beyond happy to have found you.

Stephanie said...

It's always good to know that the flock has been reunited. I am sad to learn of the Old Mayor's troubles. He's a very fine gentleman.

Allison said...

The first two comments on your blog today are missing letters. More than half of the letters in the words are gone, not enough remain to ferret out what was said. It's so weird, and it's not just here that it happens.

Angus said...

Hi Allison - I'm beginning to think that Blogger isn't being maintained any longer.