Saturday, July 20, 2019

The first of the season.


An unexpected thunderstorm sweeps down from the high mountains. The first big one of the season.

5:30 am. Bob wanders into the 'out of bounds' bedroom to find out if I'm awake and aware of what's going on.

I'm asleep.

Bob decides to check if I'm really asleep. 

5:31 am. A cold wet nose in my ear soon has me awake.

So starts what is shaping up to be ( thunderstorm excepted ) the best day ever . 


The world is full of good people quietly working away. The dog in this video recognizes some of them  : https://twitter.com/dodo/status/1152005127743533057

5 comments:

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Chuckling at Bob letting you know there was a storm in case you didn't know.

So many great people out there trying to help animals.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Well, Bob didn't want you to miss the excitement... of the best day ever. Hoorah for the rescue. YAM xx

Stephanie said...

It's always a pleasure to start the day with the PONs' sweet faces. I believe a birthday is on your horizon; as I won't be able to check in tomorrow, may I wish you a best day ever, Angus and much happiness?

Emm said...

You don't need a weatherman to tell you which way the wind is blowing -- you have Bob.
That mama dog in the rescue video looks as if she might have been used for fighting and then discarded. Or else was dumped from a backyard breeder.
Thanks to Yamini MacLean's directions, I "think" I spotted the Moorhen.

Angus said...

Thank you. We shall be opening a bottle of Auxey-Duresses 2015.