Sunday, July 3, 2022

Beam.


This mornings croissant was unusually flakey. As a consequence there is much post-croissant muzzle cleaning to be done. This takes some time. Long fur and flakey croissants would test even Miss Manners dining skills.


Before we leave the cafe I ask my canine companion , who is suffering from a happiness overload, what she thought of todays offering.


There is a lot of yodeling in response. I'd guess from this and the the smile that her croissant deserves a stellar score - possibly a 15/10. Some crumbs have become caught in Sophie's fur. They're immovable - the out of sight but not out of mind type of crumb. The PONette has the ability to make an obdurate crumb the reason for  a party.


So starts a July Sunday morning with one very happy lady sheepdog in deepest, deepest France profonde. Who knows ? Tomorrows croissant may be even bigger.




10 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
An expression of unabashed joy - and thanks to Angus for sharing that around, croissants being a more difficult proposition via the etherwebs! YAM xx

Lisa in France said...

Nothing better than a happy dog!

WFT Nobby said...

Sophie smiles, the world smiles with her.

Coppa's girl said...

A 15/10 croissant - all's well with Sophie's world! Perhaps she's saving those few crumbs for a snack later?

Melinda from Ontario said...

Sophie's smile lit up my morning.
The article on the mass production of crickets for food was very cheering. This sounds like a move in the right direction. I'm not a meat eater and I'm pretty sure I won't become a cricket eater either, but if I was forced to choose, it'll be fried crickets with a side of salad for me.

Bailey Bob Southern Dog said...

Such fun photos of Sophie, made me laugh this morning! Thank you Angus.

Pam in NH said...

Thank you, Angus. I love your Sophie!

Diaday said...

Happy Sophie smiles = happy day!

rottrover said...

Sophie! You are. such a happy goof-ball!

Jake of Florida said...

Love those Sophie smiles!